Tuesday, September 27, 2011

If only I could get my act together.....

I was planning to enter the Jewel School Design Contest, I spent hours conceptualizing and creating a design around the theme "Crystal Cornucopia" and came up with a piece I really liked. A lot of jewelry I make is more of an artistic challenge, rather than something I would actually wear, but this one I'm already planning my Thanksgiving outfit around.

So I finished Sunday afternoon, patted myself on the back for getting done early and called it a day.  Heading home from the studio, I figured I would come in Monday morning, do the photo shoot with a fresh eye and submit in plenty of time for the Monday midnight deadline. Except the deadline was Sunday midnight....

RATS!!!!

I emailed Monday when I realized my oversight but was told very politely, nope, sorry, you can't submit beyond the deadline, that's why they're called deadlines. I was hoping they might have a moron exception clause, but alas, no....

So here's my creation, all dressed up and nowhere to go....


9 comments:

  1. It is beautiful Eva! So sorry about the deadline. At least you have a beautiful finished necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, RATS indeed!!! Crud. Well, maybe it should be the first project up on the WireKnitz blog so it wasn't in vain.... : )-Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous piece! I'm afraid if they made one moron exception, they'd have to include me as well. I misplace deadlines all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for commiserating gals, I fight my predisposition to be organizationally challenged on a regular basis...sigh...

    Not sure I can write a tut for this Jenny, it's sort of a OOAK, but I've got lots more idea's cookin' for the blog! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so lucky to own your own shop. I love the piece you created. Sorry you missed the deadline, but I am sure with running a shop and children, you have your hands full. My blog is not through blogger but through wordpress. http://heavenlanecreations.wordpress.com I am going to look at your bead soup reveal now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a disappointment for you! Is there any other contest you can submit this to? It sure deserves it! The colors and theme are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Andrea and Mary, trying to see what else I can do...Andrea, I'll be sure to check out your blog too!
    eva

    ReplyDelete
  8. You made me laugh...been there, done that! Gorgeous piece!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Pat, I also get a kick out of your crafty retailer blog!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be published upon moderation.