Thursday, March 8, 2012

YOJ Week 10 - Composite Opal Ring

I came across this piece of composite opal at the Tucson Gem Show and have been admiring it daily, while waiting for the muse to give me some direction. We have been in a ring making rut for quite some time now, she and I, she's a stubborn thing and feels we're no where near exhausting all the wire/stone ring design options.

But this one gave me fits! There's no hole in the stone, so getting it stabilized, centered and laying flat was somewhat of a challenge. I restarted it approx 5 times, getting 2 out of 3 cooperating, then realizing there was no way to get all 3. Flung it more than once...

It did finally come together and I am fairly pleased with the outcome. Photographing the piece to get a nice shot of it's "opal-ness" was yet another challenge. Proud of myself for resisting the urge to fling my camera.....

4 comments:

  1. the picture and the ring look lovely! nice job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Salla, appreciate your kind comment! :-)

      Delete
  2. Hi Eva,
    It's beautiful!!!!!!!!! I love the stone!!!!!!
    Hero

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be published upon moderation.