Sunday, April 22, 2012

Grand River Beads & the NE Ohio Bead Shop Hop

This delightful post by Lauren Potts is about our shop. Thanks so much Lauren and it was a real pleasure to meet you!!! You can read about the rest of the NE Ohio Hoppin' Bead Shops here, but of coarse I'm a mite partial to mine. :-)




What an awesome place this was!! Such beautiful quality pieces and such artistry around the store with student and employee made pieces. The store had a great feel to it and everything was just lovely.  I also met a lovely woman who it turned out I was already following here on blogspot. Her name is Eva Sherman and you can follow her BLOG too. What a talented lady she is and a very inspiring artist!



Grand River was having a Czech glass trunk show. I didn't buy much just a few strands.
The promo at Grand River was pretty sweet. Eva taught me (a beginning wire-wrapper) a pretty awesome wire bangle design.





  


I loved this design! It was so simple and definitely sparked something in me to try more often. I'd like to do this and fire one with a torch or use different patina dyes. Here she just dipped it in the liver of sulfur to oxidize it and what a feel it has afterwards. I definitely am inspired from this piece and can't wait to make more as stackers!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be published upon moderation.